upgraded to 1.43 now no coupons work

• Default avatar
    joann0    
     12 years ago

Hello,

I upgraded from 1.42 to 1.43 made a few coupons tested them and saw no coupons are now working. Previously made license permanent before upgrade. Please help

Thank you
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

certainly, are you getting any type of error? On awocoupon->installation check page, is everything installed?
  • Default avatar
    joann0    
     12 years ago

Hello,

Checked Installation page everything good, no errors. I get this error with every coupon code I test "Coupon code not found. Please try again.If you have a coupon code, please enter it below". Have tried a dozen times adding a new coupon deleting or trying to use old existing ones. Just does not work anymore after upgrade.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

does changing the error messages in awocoupon->configuration->error tab make a difference?
  • Default avatar
    joann0    
     12 years ago

Hi

I changed the error codes to "Sorry we can not find that code" unfortunately the changed message works but still not working when I test the coupon code.

just down graded to version 1.42 and still does not work. Did not change anything except make my license permanent and then upgraded. Can you make my license temporary and see if that fixes the issue? By the way my site uses http and https. Thank you very much for your help
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

if the changed message worked, then your coupon code must be failing for a reason. the license being temporary or permanent will not affect the processing of the coupon codes in the front end.

Change all the error messages to unique messages so you can see exactly why the coupon is failing.
  • Default avatar
    joann0    
     12 years ago

Hello,

I found out what's part of the problem. You are right the license change is not the problem. I reverted my site using backups I took after upgrading from 1.41 to 1.42 to 1.43.
    here's what I found:

1.43 no coupons work. User after deleting an item gets a blank page when trying to navigate on the site even when logged out. entire cache needs to be flushed before site is functional. (used permanent license)

1.42 exactly the same problem

1.41 everything and all coupons work including new ones created (using permanent license)

I have currently downgraded the component on my site to 1.41 and all issues are resolved. unfortunately I do not know what kind of security risk this version poses. Please send me info on what files need to be changed from version 1.41 to 1.43 and I will apply all the fixes manually. That way I can pinpoint what exactly is the problem.

Thank you for your help

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Will take a look. What kind of coupons were you using, was it shipping, product specific, gift certificates,... ?
  • Default avatar
    joann0    
     12 years ago

Hello,
    I am using some product specific coupons and one shipping coupon
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

the reason i ask is because there was a shipping bug found in 1.4.3, which does not allow the entry of a shipping coupon before a shipper is selected, even if you have it enabled in configurations:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/urgent-shipping-coupon-dont-work
  • Default avatar
    joann0    
     12 years ago

Hello,

the coupon code was applied before a shipper is selected so my site is probably not functioning because of it. I see the bug and will have to create a demo site to try out the bugfix, because of the Christmas holidays I probably won't be able to test it out until after the holidays. Thank you for your support and if I still have a problem will post.