Update from 2.4.8 to 2.5 gets SQL Error

• Default avatar
    neil81    
     3 months ago

Trying to update AwoCoupon from v2.4.8 to v2.5, and a SQL error is thrown:

"Duplicate key name 'coupon_code' SQL=ALTER TABLE #__awocoupon ADD INDEX coupon_code (coupon_code)"

There is a data item 'coupon_code' in the table

If I try to update using the full installation file, the same error is thrown.

J!: 3.6.2
    Hikashop Business
    PHP: 5.6.23
    MySql: 5.5.49

Thanks ..
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 months ago

Hello,

The database is out of sync with the version. You would have to update manually:

http://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/duplicate-column-name-voucherfilenamelangid-sql-alter-table-when-upgrad#comment-9102
  • Default avatar
    neil81    
     2 months ago

OK .. finally got back to check the forum, and even when updating manually, got the same type of error.

So, I decided to uninstall and reinstall, and now this SQL error pops up on the reinstall:

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS #__awocoupon_config ( `id` int(16) NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, `is_json` TINYINT(1), `value` TEXT, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), UNIQUE (`name`) );

I'm stumped as the __awocoupon table has the same size and type of index.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 months ago

Hello,

Looks like it is a mysql engine issue:

Is your default engine myisam or innodb?
  • Default avatar
    neil81    
     2 months ago

Yeah, that was my thought too. The default is MyISAM, not InnoDB. I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often. The funny thing is, when I first installed Awocoupon about a year or so ago, there wasn't an issue :(
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 months ago

Yes, I dont think I have ever seen that error, so really not sure why you are seeing it.

Can you update the default engine? Or if you prefer, you can alter the installation sql script which would force innodb.
  • Default avatar
    neil81    
     2 months ago  last edited 12 days ago

I'll probably unzip the installation archive, modify the SQL, then rezip and try again.

Thans

After having a long email discussion, taking over a month, the hosting company I use will not change the MySQL environment to allow large indexes.    The max is 736 (or something like that) for the default system.  All they need to do is change a MySQL environment variable which will not affect anyone really, but they are hesitant.

Do you have an earlier version of the program that does not use "int(16)" for the index ??  Or, will my modifying the SQL to reduce the size of the Integer cause any issues with the rest of the program??

THanks

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 days ago

Hello,

Modify the size of integer, it will not cause any problems.
  • Default avatar
    neil81    
     12 days ago

Thanks ...