mass import 1000's functionality pay taxes and shipping after 100% discount for 1 time use per code

• Default avatar
    burtron    
     12 years ago

hello,

I work with daily deal sites running virtuemart on my site.

They sell redemption codes to be used on my site to discount an item 100%, one redemption per item. So we import thousand's of redemption codes before the promotion where customers then come to my site, select the item they purchased, proceed to check out put in the redemption code for 100% discount. Then they only pay shipping and taxes

I need an extension that can support mass importation of redemption codes in CSV from a daily deal sites such as groupon that we can apply to specific product only to be used once but we want them to pay the shipping and the taxes.

Does AWOCoupon pro for virtuemart do this ?

is there anything out there for this specific situation
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hello,

AwoCoupon can do everything except for tax on 100% discounted product. If a product is discounted 100% the tax to be paid is 0.

With AwoCoupon Pro, you can import x number of coupons using a csv file in a specified format. Here is what the import screen looks like:
    http://www.awocoupon.com/images/v1/images/screenshots/import.png

And yes, you can create a 100% off coupon for exactly 1 item and one use, which will mean the customer would have to pay for shipping, but not the taxes.
  • Default avatar
    burtron    
     12 years ago

Hey,

Sounds like we could make it work, to bad you can't charge tax still after its discounted but I guess you could incorporate that into the shipping piece.

One other question is lets say you have 50 items in your store and you want the redemption code to only work with 1 specific product no other ones can it do this??? with out discounting the other products in the cart.

Do you have to configure the codes individually or can you configure them in bulk.

Literally we need something that can support 10,000 codes or more at once and being able to assign them to separate products in the store??

Can we count on AWO

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Yes, you can create coupons to work with one specific product. And yes, you can generate x number of coupons using AwoCoupon if you give it a template. In that case you would not have to import.