I installed Awo on my joomla VM site, and it works fine. But there is one problem. I also use GWCoupons, and that extension will write coupon code record into Virtuemart coupon code records (not into AwoCoupon). So AwoCoupon does have the record of those coupon codes. If I activate AwoCoupon, in the shopping cart, only the coupon codes in AwoCoupon record can be found. The coupon codes in Virtuemart coupon record cannot be found. How to solve this isse? I hope both extension can work at the same time, AwoCoupon is such a nice extension with many good functions, so I don't want to give it up because of this.
[Resolved] How to still use coupon code in VM when AwoCoupon is active? I want to use GWCoupons and AwoCoupon at the same time.
- Hi Seyi,
Thanks for your fast reply! I'm using free version now. If I update to pro version, do I need to first uninstall the free version (including tables of the free version in database)? Does pro version already have the function like automaticly creating dynamic coupons if the users places orders above a certain amount? With pro version, can GWCoupons work at the same time?
And if I buy pro verison, am I only allowed to choose one of the versions (for VM 1.1.X and for VM 2.X)? How about if I update my VM to 2.X later?
I saw AwoCoupon Pro - 5 Licenses costs the same as AwoCoupon Pro Virtuemart - Joomla Component. Does AwoCoupon Pro - 5 Licenses already includes AwoCoupon Pro Virtuemart - Joomla Component? Or is that price only for the 5 licenses (so still need to buy AwoCoupon Pro Virtuemart - Joomla Component separately)?
Let me try and answer each of your questions as best as I can:
- You do not need to uninstall AwoCoupon, simply install over the free version and it will automatically upgrade
- AwoCoupon Email has the functionality for creating dynamic coupons:
- In the pro version, you can use both AwoCoupon codes and Virtuemart coupon codes at the same time. Since GWCoupons works for Virtuemart coupons, then I do not see that there will be any conflicts.
- For the version of AwoCoupon pro, you would have to decide which version you will use, they are 2 different softwares as Virtuemart 2 is a total rewrite from Virtuemart 1
- The 5 license already includes the file for download, there is no need to purchase a single license to get it
- Hi Seyi,
I'm considering to buy AwoCoupon Email too but one thing is not clear from your product description. Can AwoCoupon Email send automatic coupon email out only after the order status is changed to "shipped"? Many times users like to place big orders on my site but don't really pay for it, or even when they pay for it, sometimes the transaction still has to be canceled because products are out of stock. So only when the order status is changed to "shipped", the users should be able to use the coupon for next order. Does AwoCoupon Email have this function?