Error 1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general

• Default avatar
    martin8    
     6 years ago

I fount some problem in my website

Some members reported that they login and try to add product to cart but the error message show.  Error 1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' show in the cart.html page.

I tested some login names, some member can add to cart and cart.html display correctly.  Some member cannot add to cart and cart.html display Error 1267.

I also found that those members cannot edit the address the editaddress.html and show Error 1267 also. 

I post in this forum because I found that it should be related to Awocoupon or AwoRewards

Because :

1. When I tried to login the website as member "A", try to add product to cart , display Error 1267

2. I go to the administrator , disable all the plugin related to Awo

3. Tried to login the webstie as member "A", try to add product to cart, cart.html display correct.

4. I go to the administrator , enable all the plugin related to Awo

5. Tried to login as "A" again. cart.html display also correct.

After the test, I try to login as member "B" , Error 1267 display again.

When I repeat the above step, member "B" can do it.

The following is my website information for your reference.

php version 7.0.10

Joomla version 3.7.5

Virtuemart version 3.2.4

AwoCoupon version 2.5.8.2 (license)

AwoReward version 2.3.4 (License)

The following information maybe help to evaluate the error problem

I am fresh on MySQL , I tried to go to phpMyAdmin and see the table in _awocoupon_giftcert_code

name : Code

charset : varchan(255)

collation : latin1_bin

Please help thank you

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

I would need to do more investigation to find out what columns are causing the issue.  Is it possible to send temp ftp and admin access in a private message so I can debug it?