- Joomla 3.6.2
- Virtuemart 3.0.18
- OPC from CMSMART.net
Coupon code not found. Please try again.
- Hello Forum Members and Support,I know my problem is not new, but I've tried to solve it by the other solutions mentioned in this forum, without any luck.I'm using:When I create coupon codes in Virtuemart, they are working correctly, however when I create coupon codes in the FREE versionof AwoCoupon, I get this error message "Coupon code not found. Please try again.",I need the option to use the coupon code only for certain product categories.Do I need the PRO version for this problem?If there is some solution, I would like to hear it.Thanks and Best regards,Jack
- Hello,With the free version, you can either user Virtuemart Coupons or AwoCoupon Coupons, but not both. So if Virtuemart coupons are active, it means AwoCoupon will not work. To get AwoCoupon to work, go to extension->plugins, and filter type by vmcoupon. There you should see the AwoCoupon plugin, make sure it is enabled. And likely you should not have anything else enabled under vmcoupon. This should get AwoCoupon working but Virtuemart coupons will not work.If you need both to work, then yes, you would need the pro version.
- Hi Seyi,Thanks for you quick support.However when I disable the coupon feature in VM and I use you're component this is what happens:
Is there a way to send some screenshots?
- If the minimum amount for the purchase is smaller than it gives the correct error message
- When the amount is correct, I get the error message " coupon code not found etc......
- Hi Seyi,Sorry for the late reaction.I'm using Virtuemart version 3.0.18 and AwoCoupon version 2.0.23Here are some screenshots.Coupons disabled in Virtuemart http://pasteboard.co/eOAhGT4y7.jpgCoupons in AwoCoupon http://pasteboard.co/eOCEXpTYF.jpgKaneelkoek Coupon Detail http://pasteboard.co/eODhgjxTQ.jpgOrder amount too small http://pasteboard.co/eODYbzlFW.jpgCorrect Order amount http://pasteboard.co/eOEuOgyM4.jpgThanks for your supportRegards, JackHi Seyi,Of course I keep on testing :0)When I order a product with a price lower than the coupon price, I get the correct error message,and when I add some more products, the coupon code works.However when I delete the last added products in the cart and I change the quantity of the first product to two timesand the price for the coupon is >= than the minimum price, I get the error message again that the coupon code is not recognized?Strange,Regards, Jack
I've found the problem. My Virtuemart category for the coupons was too complex, I've made some changes
and now it works.
Example: I had a category with products mostly with a price above 15,00 euro except one product. If I had chosen that product, the system said that the coupon was valid only for products with a minimu amount of 15,00 euro (correct)
However when I changed the quantity in the cart to 2, apparently the coupon was not recognized anymore, so I made a category with only products with a price >= 15, 00 euro.
I only have another question: You're free coupon extension expects a value greater than zero for the discount,
does the PRO version allow a zero amount (for example free shipping)?
You can have a 0 value coupon with the pro version, but this means no discount but the coupon is in the cart. If you wanted free shipping then the value would be 100%, not 0.
Another not, in the pro version, you do not get the personal minimum value amount in the error. You can setup generic message for coupons that fail due to minimum value, but it would not include the amount unless you entered a value.